In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- ¿Where does the grape come into the vermouth-making process?
A good vermouth is the finished product of the blending together of several different factors, each of which is equally important in the vermouth-making process. Let’s look first at the grape, an essential fruit in the process. Each grape-growing region will have its own special characteristics, soil type, altitude and…
- Tastings names our Padró & Co. Reserva Especial Best Red Vermouth 2018
We rounded off last year with new accolades from the US for our Padró & Co. vermouths, this time from Tastings. Powered by the Beverage Testing Institute and founded in 1981 with the aim of bringing fair and unbiassed reviews to the world of wine, beer and liqueurs, these accolades…