In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- Art, aesthetics and gastronomy: Padró & Co. vermouths in Artmosphere magazine
Is it possible to create an artistic atmosphere using all the elements of a good vermouth? Our friends at Artmosphere think so and show us just how in each and every issue of their magazine with its creative and highly original content inspired by contributions from different artists and accompanied…
- All five Padró & Co. vermouths star at a VIP tasting in Málaga
The Padró & Co. vermouths travelled to Malaga last month as VIP guests at a very special tasting. Thirty experts from the drinks industry were able to enjoy all five of our vermouths: Rojo Clásico, Rojo Amargo, Reserva Blanco, Reserva Especial and Dorado Amargo Suave – in a tasting championed…