In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- Traditional or Trendsetting? Whoever you are… there’s a Padró & Co. vermouth for you!
Our Rojo Amargo and our handcrafted crate containing the four Padró & Co. classics have been highlighted once again in La Conca 5.1, respected Spanish media publication specializing in the world of wine and winner of the industry’s Best Blog Award. Although two essentially different concepts, our Rojo Amargo vermouth…
- Family-made vermouth with the seal of a centuries-old tradition
At Padró i Família we are proud to be producers of several different vermouths with a solid and long-standing reputation. We have a family wine-making tradition behind us that dates back to 1886 and not only do we make all our own vermouth, including Myrrha & Padró & Co., we…