In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- A medal for our Padró & Co. Classics Wooden Crate Gift Presentation at Madrid’s IPA Packaging Awards
The IPA Awards Ceremony, now in its 5th year, took place this year on 13th November, at the 2018 Packaging Innovations Fair at IFEMA in Madrid. IPA Awards gives accolades to the most innovatory presentations in the packaging industry. This year our 4-bottle Padró & Co. Classics Wooden Crate won the Gold Medal…
- How should I drink vermouth?
In Spain tradition dictates that vermouth is drunk before lunch – it is, after all, a tried and tested appetizer. Having said that, this doesn’t mean that vermouth is only a lunch time drink. On the contrary, vermouth can be enjoyed at any time of the day, paired with food, as an after-work pick-me-up…