In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- Terrace opening at Barcelona’s Hotel Jazz
Coinciding with International Jazz Day, held on 30th April every year, Barcelona’s Hotel Jazz opened its terrace in the best possible way: a careful blend of music and vermouth for all those present. Our vermouths made an excellent pairing for the music of The Teasers Blues Band, entrusted with bringing some…
- Vermouth Padró, featured in Cosmopolitan’s ‘Top Bodega’ section
Our Padró & Co. Rojo Amargo vermouth is in the limelight once again thanks, this time, to Cosmopolitan magazine. The publication recommends the vermouth in a Fashion Cocktails feature in its ‘TOP Bodega‘ section, describing it as the “ideal vermouth for explosive cocktail mixes”. The prestigious magazine has published a full…