In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- Time for Wine, RemeiART and Cherries!
The Rambla of Vilanova i la Geltrú, a bustling town just down the coast from Barcelona, was once again the perfect setting for the popular Temps de Ví wine fair, now in its 7th year and a not-to-be-missed event for wine lovers. The three-day fair saw tastings in restaurants as well as at a…
- A week on the rooftop terraces of Barcelona
This year we were actively involved in Barcelona’s 8thannual rooftop terrace week. It was wonderful to be able to do some vermouth and cocktail tasting at two of the city’s hotels boasting the most spectacular views: Hotel H10 Port Vell and Hotel H10 Madison. Jordi Vizcarro, our Brand Ambassador, had…