In September, Reus (the capital of Spanish vermouth) held EXPOVERMUT, the city’s 1st International Vermouth Fair, organised by the Reus Vermouth Museum as a new vermouth event aimed at both professionals and the general public.
Our Padró & Co. and Myrrha vermouths were both present at the fair with their vintage truck and a large stand at which visitors were able to taste all seven vermouths sold under these two brands as well as watch magic tricks performed by magician Jordi Caps and enjoy cocktails prepared in situ by Jordi Vizcarro (Pachito Lounge Tarragona).
The 3-day fair saw 24,000 individual tastings of the 28 brands of vermouth present. Plaza de la Llibertat in Reus was transformed into an open-air festival with musical performances and parallel activities such as:
- Vermouth tastings with François Monti (journalist and author of the book El gran libro del Vermut) and Ester Bachs (winemaker and autor of La Guia del Vermut).
- A Master Class with Helios Gómez, Brand Ambassador for Martini.
- Talks on vermouth with François Monti, Josep Sucarrats, Manel Marqués and Xiscu Albertí.
- A vermouth painting workshop run by artist Marta Aranyó.
The event was sponsored by the Reus City Hall, Reus Chamber of Commerce and local commercial promoter El Tomb de Reus.
- Negroni, a classic cocktail, never old-fashioned
There is more than one story about how this cocktail got its name, but the most popular one involves the famed count Camillo Negroni of Florence, who, at one point during the roaring twenties, used to frequent the celebrated Caffè Casoni in Florence. The café was a regular watering hole…
- Vermouth Padró & Co. triumphs in international ratings
Further congratulations are in order, for our Padró & Co. vermouths. Following the five awards received recently at the Vinari Vermouth Awards here in Spain, at which our Padró & Co. Reserva Especial was awarded the Grand Gold Medal for Best Vermouth 2018, our vermouths have received recognition at international…